January 27, 2011

Snow Day!

That's right kids, you read correctly! Today, my school received sooo much ice and snow that we were excused from all our classes! My friends and I stayed in, watched movies, and played Mafia.

I really, really love snow. It's always so soft and pretty, and even sparkles in the sun. I love the challenge of hiking through it when you have to go anywhere, and the way it sticks to my hair and eyelashes when I walk. As far as I can tell, the snow is still falling, and I'm anxious to see how much we end up with! So far we have at least 8 inches and I'm hoping for a foot.

The snow has put a bit of a damper on some of my activities, however. My sorority is hosting recruitment events this week, and they will still be continuing, but the poor girls will have to hike across the campus in all of this snow! Hopefully they all dress warm and in sensible shoes-- frostbite is awful! I can't wait for the first night to see all the girls going through and start meeting some future sisters!

Until my next posting, stay warm, stay safe, and drink lots of hot cocoa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment