January 3, 2011

Turn the calendar page

So, like everyone else in the world, I've spent some time the last few days reflecting on the past year, and looking forward to the year ahead. It's great to have this annual reminder to self-assess and to make goals and plans for the future (I'm all about plans- ask me about my plan G sometime).

2010 was a year of learning. I learned a lot about myself, my friends, and my purpose. As always, some of the learning came the hard way, but for stubborn girls like me, sometimes getting hit over the head with a lesson is the best teacher.

This year:
  • I lost a friend
  • My heart was broken a couple of times
  • I had more than one sleepless night
  • I moved into my sorority house
  • I lived away from home for the whole summer
  • I got closer to several people I had lost contact with
  • I had a summer fling
  • I joined two online dating websites (lots of laughs, and met a few great guys)
  • I turned 21, decided not to drink, and went to a bar for the first time
  • My sister and I ran a 5k together
  • I sang by myself, in front of people, for the first time ever
Overall, a pretty successful year, I would say. I'm really looking forward to this next year and all the excitement it will bring.

Some 2011 highlights to look forward to
  • My last year of college! Ah!
  • Graduation in December
  • Hopefully a summer internship
  • My niece starting kindergarten
  • Getting my first real-person job
  • Apartment-hunting
  • My friend Sam's wedding this summer (and maybe Mario's?)
  • Finishing my JMS project- a published book if all goes as planned
I really can't wait for all these new opportunities! What were some of your high and low times of 2010? And what are you most looking forward to in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment